Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Yes to Tomatoes Review

Hello everyone, 

I just wanted to give a first impression of a new product called Say Yes to Tomatoes: Clear Skin. 


I picked this product up at Shopper's Dug mart for 9.49 Canadian for 5.25oz. My best friend about a year or two ago recommended this, but at the time, it was too expensive for me, and I was attempting to use my subscription of Proactive to clear my acne. 

Now that I am willing to try anything, I picked it up to see what all the fuss was about. Now I know. 

This is a great cleanser. It is an oil control cleanser and says that it is 95% natural. 

This is the ingredients list: Water, lauryl glucoside, cocamidoproyl betaine, glycerine, propanediol, sodium chloride, aloe barbedensis leaf juice*, salicylic acid, parfum/fragrance, phenthyl alcohol, glyceryl caprylate, citric acid, alcohol solanum lycopersicum (tomato) extract. 

* This is a certified organic product

This product is also a cruelty free product. 

Yes to Tomatoes is a gel cleanser, which feel soft and slick against the skin. I followed the directions and wet my face with warm water them massaged a quarter size amount of cleanser onto my face and rinsed with cool water and towel dried. 

The smell of this product is similar to baby powder with a light, fresh scent that stays on your skin for hours. It felt like it cleaned my skin without stripping it of all the oils. My skin is soft and matte for hours. The ony thing I didn't like about this product is that it isn't red like tomatoes, doesn't smell like tomatoes, and it looks, smells and feels more synthetic than natural. Also, it says that it is 95% natural, but the first product is water, and the second is lauryl glucoside, which all "all natural", "diy", organic", and "organic cosmetics" bloggers, reviewers, authors and doctors say to stay away from. I understand that there are organic and natural elements in it, but I think that in order to label something "yes to tomatoes", it should resemble, through taste, touch, smell and feel, like a tomato. I was very disappointed in that. Still, in order to deliver a proper review and knowing that the water is probably the most natural thing in this bottle, I will be trying the whole line of these products. 

I will definitely be purchasing the toner and the moisturizer to see if they do just as well. 

I will be doing another review after I have used all three products for a month straight. 

Just to re-iterate, I have combination oily skin with large pores, blemishes and black heads. 

In February, I will be using this product every morning and night and taking pictures of my skin at the start of the month and the end of the month and every Monday, I will give you a morning and an evening without make-up look. 

I hope this first impression was informative and helpful. 

Again, this product is not organic and I am not an expert by any means, this is just my experience with this product, sharing it with you, in the hopes it will help. 

I am a huge friend of organic products, all natural products as well, but I also know that chemicals rule our world, and that some of the best products are full of artificiality. 

Again, I hoped this helped. 

Warm wishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment