Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Korres Naturals Product review

Hello everyone, 

Today I am here with HelperBaby to review a couple of products from a facial line I used.











 This is what I like to call Old Product, New Review. There will be many of these. 

About two years ago, my mother bought a Korres Naturals Product sample face cleanser kit for combination skin, which I have. The woman at ULTA was talking about how great the Korres products were because of how they are all natural (which they are free of mineral oil, silicone, propylene glycol, and ethanolamine) and how the products are made of materials like distilled mineral water, roses, and green tea.

I tried this box of cleanses (sorry, I don't have the box anymore to show you guys) and thought I would share my review of these products, just in case you were thinking about trying them. 

I have combination skin that is acne prone and constantly has blemishes on it. I also have a nose and cheeks full of black heads, so I use really intensive products on my face, and then soothe my skin with moisturizers. 

I hope this review helps.

Let me start out by saying that I DO NOT get paid to review these products. I wish I did, but I don't. 

So, first thing's first, this is what came in the box: a White Tea Facial Cleanser, a Pomegranate Scrub, a Pomegranate Cream-Gel, a Evening Primrose Eye Cream, and a Pomegranate Mask. 



I'm going to talk about the White Tea Cleanser first. This cleanser comes out as a translucent yellow colour, and as you can see it is very runny.  (Please excuse my man hands ha ha ha)



The cleanser smells very clean with a touch of a, you guessed it, white tea scent. It felt a little oily when I put it on my face, but it successfully removed all of my make-up, eye make-up and mascara included, gently and efficiently. I didn't have to scrub hard or use another cleanser afterward. It made my face feel squeaky clean, so if you do use this moisturizer, I would recommend using a moisturizer afterward. While I said earlier that I didn't need to use another cleanser after I used this, I also am a scrub addict. When I was my face, I like to feel as though the dead skin and dirt that is in my pores if being buffed away, leaving clean, smooth skin. While this was a fantastic cleanser to use to remove my makeup, it didn't feel like I really removed all the caked in dirt. I know it sounds odd, but it felt like I cleaned my face without truly cleansing it. I know, it doesn't make sense. Sorry. 

In order to rectify this, I used the Olay Fresh Effects Powered Contour Cleansing System (link below) to work the cleanser into my skin and this way, I had a great exfoliating experience with the White Tea Cleanser. 

Olay "scrubber" as I call it


That being said, if you remove your make-up with the White Tea Cleanser and then exfoliate with the Pomegranate Scrub, you will have a fresh, lovely clean feeling that can't be beat. 

Here is HelperBaby demonstrating the use of this fine product. She is the Vanna White of babies. 

 

 And this brings me to my next product, the Pomegranate Scrub. 


The Korres Naturals Product Pomegranate Scrub is a good product. The exfoliant is a thick light pink cream (as you can see, it is the same colour as my skin) with red beads dispersed throughout the formula. Out of all their products I have used, this one makes me think of pomegranates the most. 

It has no spectacular scent, but for a product I am going to wash off my face, that doesn't bother me. Like the White Tea Cleanser, it is dermatologically tested, mineral oil free, silicone free, propylene glycol free and ethanolomine free. 

 I liked this product. I am a fan of coarse grained exfoliants, and this definitely fits the bill. My pores looked and felt better, and oil free, and my skin felt bright and smooth. It is not a miracle scrub, I have tried scrubs just as good, and better smelling (post to come soon), but this is a very good scrub. It didn't do a great job removing my eye make-up, but if you are looking to use this line, as I said before, use the White Tea Cleanser first and then use this scrub to dig deep and remove the day's oils and dirt. 



Next on our Korres Products journey is the Pomegranate Cream-Gel. This product was unfortunately as disappointment for me. Like all the other products, it is free of all those nasties that take up valuable space in a tube of face product, only this one didn't feel like it. 

In Canada, even in this part of the country, right by a river, it gets very dry. I have to use a hydrating moisturizer on my face, otherwise I am itchy, tight, dry and flaky all day. I was hoping this cream-gel would be hydrating and light, but it just felt thick and like it clogged my pores after I used my toner. The moisturizer itself is clumpy but very soft and creamy, but when I put it on my face, it felt as though I had put on a layer of sunscreen. I have oily skin to begin with, so what was worse, was when I woke up the next day, my pillow smelled of the cream, which is a horrible hospital-like scent, but my face was covered in a thick layer of oil. I have used hydrating moisturizers before, but this one just wasn't for me. 


The next item in the box, which I used the next evening, is the Pomegranate Mask. (Pictured above) This mask is a light grey-green colour with a fine texture. It went on smoothly and when it dried, if I moved my face it cracked and tugged like any other mud or clay mask would. I left the mask on for 10 minutes, a normal amount of time for a mud mask, and rinsed my face with warm water to remove it. 

Afterward, my skin felt clean, but not cleaner that the white tea cleanser had made it. I have used multiple masks (post to come soon) and this one did not impress me. It didn't feel like the mask penetrated my pores or removed the black heads I had. My skin wasn't any softer or more smooth or even more radiant than before I used it. It was a decent mask with no tingling or burning, and a good mask for beginners, but I wouldn't pay money for the full size. 

The last product in my review of this sample box is the Evening Primrose Eye Cream. 

This product is a thick, white cream that comes in an easy to dispense tube with a narrow nozzle, perfect for applying the cream just under your eyes. This product is not my favorite, but unfortunately, it is the only eye cream I own, so I use it ever night. The formula is very tacky and takes a very long long time to dry. Maybe that means it's taking it's time to really absorb into my under eye circles and bring them back to my normal skin colour, bu to me it just feels like I put Elmer glue under my eyes and let that dry. The formula doesn't smell go, it doesn't feel good, but Lord knows, with all the crazy crap I do to my face, I want to prevent wrinkles as much as possible, and this is the only product I have right now. I don't want to pay a million bucks for something that won't work. So, on that note, I ask that if you do read this, leave a comment, or a recommendation on eye creams that you use and feel good to you, and maybe I will find something I like.


 I think Ella wants to try her hand at this review thing.

Overall, this sample box definitely proved why sample boxes are so good. I personally would not pay full price for these items. They didn't impress me that much, but maybe for you it will be different. I have been on their site lately, to see if I could find a picture of this kit for you, and they have changed their products slightly, but if you are adventurous and you have the money to spend, get a sample box, see if you like it, and if you don't then you only paid the price of one bottle and you can pass it on to your friends. Or use it as travel size until you run out of it. 

If I were to recommend a product to you, it would be the White Tea Cleanser, just because it did remove my make-up so well. 

Here are the links to the Olay Refresh products (I only use the scrubber) and to the Korres Naturals Product site. 


www.korres.com

I hope this review helped you, and if not, at least it keyed you into my review style and my writing style. I hope to see you again soon. Thanks for reading.

Warm wishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment