Friday, January 17, 2014

AcneFree Therapeutic Sulfur Mask Review

Hello everyone! 

Today I am exhausted. But that is because I shot several tutorials/ reviews yesterday while juggling cleaning the house and HelperBaby. The good news is that my LUSH products came in and I will be doing a review of them in the near future. I am very excited to try them! 

The other bit of good news is that today my husband is home for the next two days, and we go to Ottawa tomorrow, so I will document that for you guys and hopefully you will enjoy seeing the capitol with us. 

I will be posting some make-up tutorials soon, and a few recipes. all in good time. I think I need to come up with a schedule so that I am not just posting make-up or cleansers, or hair, or recipes all the time. Balance. That's the word I was looking for.

Just to remind everyone, I have combination (mostly oily) acne prone skin. I have a yellow undertone to my skin and redness on my cheeks and around my nose. I also have several broken capillaries. 

On to the actual review now...


Today's review is of the University Medical Pharmaceuticals AcneFree Therapeutic Sulfur Mask. 

This is another one of my Old Product, New Reviews.

This mask is a decent mask. My mother picked it up for me a thousand years ago, more like two, to try and help me take care of my acne prone skin. And because I was a punk, and of the firm belief that magic would one day happen to my skin upon reaching 20, I only used it once, and it sat, gathering dust, under my sink. 

Now that I am well into my 20s, I can say with absolute certainty that skin magic does not happen. At least, not to me. 

So, I have finally stared doing something about it. Here are some pictures of me from the end of high school to now. 

 

As you can see, my skin has had good days and bad. Maybe you can see that. I don't know. Now that I look at it, my skin looks quite good in all these photos. Let me see....





There we go.

I have tried a thousand different products. Some have worked, some don't. I say that this mask is a winner. 



The mask itself is white with blue beads infused into the formula. The instructions say to massage into the skin until the entire mask turns blue and for maximum absorption to leave it on for 10 minutes. This is exactly what I did. I even set a timer. 

Meanwhile, I brushed my teeth, flossed and Scoped, brushed my hair with my leave-in conditioner, put on some deoderant, Bio-Oiled myself up, and by the time all of that was done, it was time to remove the mask. This product is in my top three masks. The mask hardens as it dries and tightens my skin, making me feel like it was toning and tightening my pores. As it dried, I saw tiny little pin pricks all over my T-Zone, which I assume is where the oil was being drawn out of my pores. The directions say to remove with water and towel dry, so that is what I did. Aren't I am obedient little pup? 

I did use an exfoliator (see post on Pomegranate Scrub ) before I used this mask, and my pores looked clean afterwards, so to say that the mask did all that would be a fib, but I definitely think that the mask helped tighten my skin and pull more oil out. I think that the mask made my skin softer and my skin tone more even. 

This mask goes for $6.97 at Walmart, which is where I purchased mine, for 1.7 ounces. I, personally, think it is a good buy for people looking for a mask to try. It doesn't irritate the skin, it doesn't smell like sulfur, it doesn't cost a lot, and I think, if you were to use it once a week, that it could improve the look and feel of your skin overtime. It is a refreshing, tightening, toning and pore cleansing mask that is affordable, yet effective. 

I hope you enjoyed this review, or it helped you out a little. My next review will be on the LUSH products I have, so come and check it out on Sunday. 

Check Instagram tomorrow (caitlynnescagel) for a sneak peek at my Ottawa blog post!

Warm wishes. 













No comments:

Post a Comment