Tuesday, January 21, 2014

LUSH Cosmetics Review

Hello everyone! 

Today I will be posting several different posts. This is the first of three. I hope you enjoy it! 


This post is about my LUSH cosmetics scrubs. 


The first product I used is the Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub.


This is a blue and white swirl of fine sea salt, coarse sea salt, and vodka. 

If you are a fan of coarse scrubs, this product might just be for you. It is a thick, chunky formula with a beautiful bahama blue water colour in it. 

I really liked this product. Again, this is just a first impression. I will be using this product every day for the rest of the month and I will give you another review the first week of February. I will use it every morning and night and after I exercise. We will see what it does to my skin. 

The scrub is thick and creamy with thick salt crystals that really scrubbed my skin and removed all the dirt and oil from my pores without stripping my skin of all it's moisture. 

The LUSH products are against animal cruelty and testing and all their containers are 100% recycled, making all of us feel a little better about using these products. Now don't get me wrong, these products are a little pricey. Well, actually, really pricey. I might not purchase more of them, depending on how long these products last. If they last more than two or three months, then maybe they will be worth it, but I somehow doubt it. 

Anyway, these products are handmade and they have little stickers on them to indicate who it is made by and when you should use them by. This ensures that LUSH doesn't need to fill their products with preservatives. A lot of their products are organic, some are vegan, and all are cruelty free, paraben free, and made with ingredients that occur naturally. Some are had to pronounce, but that is because they occur a natural chemicals within some of their ingredients. With all of the allergies that are cropping up everyday, LUSH is a great company to go with if you need to know exactly what is in your products. And it's not just the cleansers that they list their ingredients for. Every thing that this company makes has every little thing listed on the package. So, thank you Sara for this body and face scrub. And I will use it before February 28th. 


The only thing bad that I have to say about this product is that IT TASTES HORRIBLE!!!!! Yes, it is just salt and vodka mixed together. Do not eat this product. If you have no taste buds, then by all means, it is safe to eat, but I would not recommend it in the slightest. 

This is everything that is on the label. 

Net wight 4.2 ounces. Fine sea salt, Fresh grapefruit infusion, coarse sea salt, stearic acid, fresh organic lime extracted in vodka, sodium cocoamphoacetate, glycol cetearate, triethanolmine, avacado butter, extra virgin coconut oil, lime oil, seaweed absolute, violet leaf absolute, glycerine, lanolin, cetaeryl, alcohol, *limonene, *linalool, fragrance, FD&C Blue no.1, methylparaben. 

*Occurs naturally in essential

Not virgin! A Vodka voyage. 

The next product you can eat though, and you might actually want to. In fact, it is recommended right on the label!

This is me washing my face with the scrub for the first time. 



The LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub. 

I love this lip scrub. It tastes good, though it is a little too sweet and artificial for my taste. It is a fine scrub, but I felt like my lips were as soft as ever, bright and lovely and plump. I wet my lips and scrubbed the smallest amount onto them vigorously. It took the dead skin off of my lips and left them tingling and new feeling. 

This is a wonderful product that I would recommend to anyone looking for a great lip product. I use it every morning and every night and I feel as though it helps exfoliate and rejuvenate my lips. I have a horrible time with my lips in the winter. I have already been through a whole tube of chap stick, so I really needed a lip scrub. Again, this product is all natural. It's actually vegan. 
 oz
This is what is on the container: Castor sugar, cold pressed organic jojoba oil, methyl ionone, flavour, polyester-3, D&C red no 28, D&C red no.21

Preservative free, Vegan! 

And thank you, Susan for my lip scrub. I will use this up by March.

Again, these products are expensive. It cost me $9.95. 

I would definitely recommend this scrub to anyone willing to spend the money. In my DIY section, though, I will be making a DIY face scrub, a DIY lip Scrub and a DIY lip plumper. They will be coming soon. 

This is me using this product:



I hope you found this review helpful.

Warm wishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment