Tuesday, February 4, 2014

DIY Earrings

Hello again, 

So I wanted to do this post to show you guys how easy it is to make your own earrings. I will doing this for different pieces of jewelry throughout the year, but right now I have the materials to make some earrings, so I decided to make those for you today. 

It is so simple and all of the materials you can find at your local craft store for very very cheap. I think I bought all these things for less that $5. I mean it. You can make beautiful pieces of jewelry that no one else will have that you can wear with pride. And when people ask you where you got your earrings you can smile and say, I made these. And watch the shock on their faces. It makes you feel all warm inside. 

So, all you need are two pairs of needle-nose pliers, a pair of snips, copper wire, earring medalions of your choice, beads of your choice and earring hooks. 




 Now, cut a length of wire about 6 inches long. 


Next, thread it through the decorative part of the earring. 


Next, tie a very tight double knot, using the pliers as your fingers to ensure that the knot if very tight. 


Next, thread both sides of the wire through your bead. 


Then, tie both of the wires through the earring hook making sure to double knot it and make sure it is secure. 


Cut off the excess, repeat with the other earring and you have yourself a very pretty pair of earrings that you paid less than $5.00 for. 






Happy crafting!

P.S. I will post a picture of myself with the earrings on tomorrow when I lost my outfit of the day. 

Warm wishes. 






No comments:

Post a Comment