Sunday, February 2, 2014

Grooming Khaleesi

Hello guys,


Today I groomed my baby beast. She was a mess! So I trimmed her face and cleaned her tear stains and I use a coat whitening shampoo for her. This time I am only giving her a face trim and a good brush, but once a month I have to give her a full on haircut, and I use buzzers for that.

Today I will be brushing her, then trimming her face, and taking care of her tear stains.


First, I remove her collar.

Oh, so dirty.

 I use this fine bristled brush to brush by Hartz and fluff Khaleesi. And, this is silly, and may be irrelevant, but for some reason, I always blow on her when I brush her. It's subconscious really. I doubt it helps her dry faster when I do wash her, but I do it none-the-less.

I then rub Diamond Eye on her tear stains. I have found that this product works, but maybe you have found something different, let me know if you have found a tear stain remedy!

Then I take the time to really brush her all over and get her really fluffy.

Now comes the really fun part.

I use these small dog grooming shears to cut around her eyes and nose. I trim her eyebrows so she can see, and I trim out her mustache so that she doesn't have this giant muzzle and she can see clearly, and I carefully trim the top of her nose. She has freckles on her nose that I love to display because I think they are adorable. I trim just a tiny bit off the top of her head and then I am done. I brush her over again and then let her go shake. I follow her around for a bit making sure that her face and head is even and then she is free to go.

While doing this, I wear junk clothes because you do get wet and furry and tear-stained yuckiness falls on you. It's easier for me to just take off my junk clothes and put on some normal ones.

I also put her collar back on just in case she decides to bolt out the door.

I will be posting about how to clean a German Shepherd's ears and brush their teeth next week.

Hope you enjoyed this, and if you have any questions, let me know.

Here are all the links you need to purchase the items that I use.

My Brush was bought from Walmart: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hartz-Living-Slicker-Brush-for-Dog/16900820

You can purchase Diamond Eye online, this is where we purchased ours from: http://www.entirelypets.com/diamondeye.html

The cotton swabs can be purchased at Walmart or any other toiletries supplier.

The scissors came from a ConairPro dog grooming kit. We purchased ours from PetValu, here is a link: http://www.conairpet.com/

Happy grooming!

Warm wishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment