Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Dresser: Part Two.One

Hello lovelies!

This is a contuniation my my last DIY post. This is what the dresser looks like now that it is all painted and ready to go. Tomorrow I will be posting Two.Two of this post in the Reduce, Reuse, Reorganize section showing some of the things I will be putting in or on the dresser, decor and toiletries for the guests. This is a simple post on the furniture so far. 

This has been a very fun and very challenging project. It turns out, I am not a painter. At all. My work looked so bad! I am a great sander, and a great furniture lifter, but when it comes to painting, my husband is actually the one to go to in the family apparently. He has been working his butt off in every area of the house and I could not appreciate him more, but it has definitely been long days and hard work! 

This is the second installment of this three part blog post. 

This is the dresser right now:







Isn't it gorgeous?! This was so fun and still pretty inexpensive. We got a quart of basic white wood paint, we didn't need anything fancy. That was about $20 CND at Home Depot. (PS: They are so helpful there! They answered all of my questions and they are always so nice!) And then we picked up a kit of 10 knobs with screws in Walmart for $10 CND. They are perfect. I love them. 

We also needed some wood fill because the dresser only had single knobs before, and the new knobs were double-screw knobs or U-shaped knobs, as you can see. So my husband filled in the old holes, sanded and then painted a thin coat over. He then drilled two new holes where the screws were going to go, and then screwed the handles in tightly. We also paid about $6 for some drawer liner. The bottom of these drawers were horrible. so I cleaned them as best I could, but the wood still looked bad, so we simply cut the drawer liner to fit the shape of the drawer, and smoothed it out over the bottom of the drawer. 

The dresser will sit for this whole week with nothing on it so it doesn't ruin the paint, and then it will be ready to fill with amazing things! 

We also refinished the bookcase and the entire bed frame.  We used a 1 inch, thin bristle brush to do the edges and a microfiber mini roller to do the main body of the painting. Next week, make sure you come back so that you can see the whole package wrapped up and ready for my best friend to come and stay with us. 





I hope this filled you in a little on what I have been p to that has kept me so darn busy and I hope to see you next week! Make sure to swing by tomorrow and check out some of the things I will be putting in and on the dresser. 

Warm wishes






No comments:

Post a Comment