Thursday, April 24, 2014

My Sick Little Child

Hello all,

So as you probably already know, a few weeks ago, my little HelperBaby was very sick. So had a fever and was uncomfortable in everything and was cranky and needed lots of hugs and snuggles and medicine. This is just a little post about what I do when the little one is sick. I hope this helps you. *** Go check out my disclaimer sections please***

First, I fill the bath with nice, warm water, with the Johnson and Johnson's Soothing Vapor Bath. This is what I use to wash HelperBaby as well. I find that it really clears up her nose and she has a lot more pep after a bath in this stuff. I also use a baby vapor rub, but it isn't pictured here because I couldn't find it this time. 


Next, we throw our toys that we want to play with into the bath. 



While she is doing that, I throw her pjs and her towel into the dryer and put it on sensor dry. By the time the sensor catches up with the machine, it will be about time to get Penguin out of the tub and into the nice warm towel and pjs. (My washer and dryer are in the SAME ROOM as the bath. I did not leave her unattended, I promise.)



I then give her some White Grape Tylenol for cough and cold for infants. Ages 0-23 months. I give her one does according to her weight and that will be able to work its magic so that she shouldn't be coughing or have a fever by the time she goes to bed. 



This is her sitting patiently on the edge of the tub waiting for the water to fill up. She is so sweet. 


This is her nose aspirator. It is battery powered, and I find that it works the best. She doesn't like it all that much, but neither would I. But it is what is best for her so we can all sleep through the night. 



I give her a gummi multivitamin everyday, but when she has a cold, I stop the multivitamin and pump her full of Vitamin C and D. 




This is just regular Vasaline that I use on her bum and her lips and nose, if needed, because when she gets sick she gets little itchy rashes everywhere. And no, I don't use the same tub for her bum and her face. it is simply the same product. 


This is her having a ball in the bubbles. 


Washing herself. 


Then, because i don't want her sickness to become worse, and also because if I don't dry her hair before she goes to sleep, it becomes a horrible ratty mess in the back, I blow dry her hair on low, alternating between the warm and the cool so that she never gets too hot or too cold. 


That is the tube of Vasaline.



Now that we are all clean and dry, we get into our nice warm pjs, and we are ready to brush our little teeth and go to sleep!



I hope you guys enjoyed this little routine. I hope to see you soon, and let me know what medicines and remedies you use for your children! Have an absolutely amazing day and I will talk to you later!

Warm wishes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment